Wednesday, 19 November 2008
Shopping!
I did my grocery shopping online at Tesco.com yesterday. And low and behold, it arrived today! It was very exciting. I got twelve tomatoes too many which I don't remember ordering, but everything else was as it should have been! I didn't know whether or not to tip the dudes who delivered it. Tipping is aways complicated, and it's different from country to country. In England you tip waiters if they deserve it, taxi drivers regardless of whether they deserve it or not and pizza delivery guys but in Portugal you rarely tip anybody, maybe occasionally the odd taxi driver if they help you with your shopping, though when they introduced the 'putting stuff in the boot' fee, those tips soon stopped! In the USA you tip everyone, taxi drivers, delivery guys, members of the US House of Representatives, and waiters because their salary barrel covers their rent in some cities, in fact, tipping waiters is so common, that the government taxes their tips! (That's almost like Oxfam selling shares). Anyway, I've been thinking about buying stuff online, and come to the conclusion that, we needn't ever again leave the house! You can work from home using the Internet, play poker, buy food, download movies, talk to your family face to face, chat with your friends, order food visit anywhere the world in 3D, and of course, buy clothes! But why would you need them? Pamas.com will become huge! Hey! There isn't a pajamas.com! I should buy that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment