Monday, 10 November 2008

Glasses, Status Updates and Thanks!

Thank You!

I can't thank everybody enough who helped my Mum. Thank you Silvina, Idalina, Peter, Janet, Mark, Mr Manuel, Vinnie, Doris, Luis and his Mum, Phillipos just for being there, and above all Hugo, who also has my dog, and threatens to kill him if I dare pay him a cent! Thank you so much to all of you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back on the blogging scene again... Admittedly, my last post was a bit weird, and even though I was right, have no idea why I bothered writing it. I guess because it infuriated me that so many people complain over such nonsense. If the BBC didn't want sarcastic, childish humour, they shouldn't have hired Russel Brand. End of story.

Anyway, my Mum has arrived, she's been here for just over a week now, and I've been busy looking after her, she is recovering a lot faster than we expected nevertheless, and should be good soon. I've lost track of my diet and my fb scrabble playing, thankfully, nobody forced me to forfeit! What's been happening then? Not a whole lot! My four year old Armani frames broke, forcing me to buy a new pair of glasses. I booked an eye test at Specsavers, one of the leading opticians in the UK, as they offer two pairs of 'designer' glasses for the price of one (although I don't know how 'designer' Osiris and Red or Dead can be (and if there's one thing I know about glasses, it's that you get what you pay for!)). On my way to the store, I began wondering how Specsavers make their money, and concluded that I must enquire as to the total cost, before committing myself t a £20.00 eye test... Which was rather cunning of me, as, after the cost of test, the thinning of the lenses, the anti-glare and anti-scratch the price quickly went up from £120.00 to £265.00! Just like that! So, with a pair of Oakley's in mind, I went to Vision Express, and had me eye test done there. I bought a pair of Titanium Oakleys, with a two year warranty and accident cover, a hydraulic cleaning system (whatever the hell that is) and all of the above in regard to the (Zeiss) lenses! I negotiated £50.00 off the price, and ended up paying £296.00. In the meantime however, I need to wear my quite noticeably broken glasses, and of course you forget they're broken, and wonder why you get weird looks from people.

What is it with fb status updates anyway? Why would you want to advertise your life to people? Why to you need to tell everyone you're looking forward to the Aqua concert next week? Do you even care about other peoples status updates? If they're funny, or philosophical it's not too bad, that way they either make you laugh, or change your perception of something which may also be pertinent to you... but when they read: "Victoria just wants a longer and bigger cuddle from her Rigsbyx." I can't help thinking to myself 'I DON'T CARE!' I mean come on, who's life is so mundane and tedious they write: "Katie ate too much potato." How hard up for material are they? She must be thinking to herself: "Need to update to fb status, nothing that interesting has happened lately, the Aqua concert isn't until the day after tomorrow, and if I write I'm looking forward to that now, what will I write tomorrow? Damn! Need to do something interesting... I know! I'm going to eat loads of potatoes!" Or hey, check this one out: "Adam almost finished his assignment." WHICH ASSIGNMENT? Are you a secret agent now Adam? Which makes me wonder, what would James Bond write? "James is looking forward to executing Dmitry Medvedev" you can just imagine Bond tied to a metal table being interrogated, the baddie asks him what his real name is, to which Bond replies: "Roger Gooding, I'm a journalist from the Mail on Sunday!" and the baddie replying: "According to your facebook you're James Bond and you're a spy form the MI5"!
Oh! Check this one out: "Isabelle is listening to The Dynamites and Charles Walker interview on the The Craig Charles Funk & Soul Show on BBC RADIO 6 music."... STILL??? Or this one: "Katie is Dead" THEN HOW THE HELL DID SHE EAT TOO MANY POTATOES? Dumb, stupid, nonsensical idiot!
"Anabel
is having strange dreams. An almost decapitated foot and a raspberry plant growing out of her thigh." - How the hell do you decapitate a foot? Does your foot have a head? Dopey! (It's always fun outsmarting an Oxford student!) Which is something else I don't get, how can someone with over over one hundred friends write the following? "Heather is... you know your in love when reality is finally, better then your dreams." And there's implied embarrassment too if one of those friends is an impulsive blogger!

Anyway, in a protest against fb status updates, for the next week I am going to write the silliest, most random, absolutely pointless status updates I can think of! I will also note them on Deviltheories!

No comments: