This one's for Shaun...
Wednesday, 1 October 2008
Tribute to Shaun
It’s a very exciting day it is in politics. David Cameron hit back at Gordon Brown in Birmingham today. Chris Greyling commented yesterday on implementing a three strikes and out system when it comes to jobseekers on benefits turning down offers, that came after a suggestions from the Conservatives to scrap band D council tax should they win the next election, which just smacks of cheap political prostitution in my view. David Cameron also announced he would scrap plans to build a third runway at Heathrow Airport. And of course America is stalling over the bail out bill, which Bush assures us: will be accepted. However, I want to write about something, real. Something horrific, sad and remorseful... Something shocking, not just in regard to the individual who took his life, but in regard to the society which encouraged him to, just so they could see someone they don't know plunge to their death. Seventeen year old Shaun Dykes leaped 60 feet off of a car park in Derby today, following a three hour discussion with police, who tried to talk him down. As they did, a group of around 300 people gathered on the ground below, and disgracefully ('disgracefully' doesn't seem to cut it) began urging the teenager to jump, One teenager even yelled: "How far can you bounce?". It is reported that Shaun Dykes was unhappy following a relationship break up, the media speculate he might have just needed some attention, but whether he did or not, he certainly hesitated for long enough, to probably have been talked out of jumping, were it not for the stupid, idiotic, flagitious, deplorable and vile scum shouting ultimately criminal stimulus, provocation, encouragement, whatever you want to call it, at him. I have read that people actually got their phones out to photograph and video the young man jump... How sick can humans be? I’d like to think the human race has moved on since the times when masses would gather at the coliseum to watch barbaric butchery and cruelty, but, obviously, there are still moronic imbeciles out there who enjoy witnessing and encouraging such misfortune.
This one's for Shaun...
This one's for Shaun...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wish I didn't read this first thing in the morning; now I'll be pissed off for the rest of the day, and possibly depressed for the rest of the month. The world is going to the dogs. What if, one day, I wake up and realise I'm as much a dog as the rest of them. Please slap me senseless if that happens
Post a Comment