Sunday, 3 August 2008

Let's not Talk About Poker

These people who beat me at poker make me sick!

I'm still trying to figure out what makes it a good day to play cards, vs a bad day. Here are the requirement I'm come up with necessary to having a good poker day:

1 - Get at least eight hours sleep the night before playing cards
2 - Stop playing cards in your 8th waking hour, and do not play thereafter
3 - Do not play if you're frustrated or emotionally flustered
4 - Do not play in unorganised/untidy surroundings
5 - Do not try to win your money back (sometimes this works, but most of the times it doesn't!)
6 - Regardless of what you think, do the maths and play the odds

I'm down to $30, which isn't good considering two days ago I had $144! Now in a desperate attempt to cut my losses (disregarding the above rule 5) I'm playing a $3.00 freezout, first place takes over $500 though, and I currently have over the average number of chips. I'll keep you posted throughout this blog!


I lost.

Anyway, I don't want to talk about poker anymore, I want to talk about leprechauns, snowflakes and words that finish in 'ology'. Eh, I don't want to talk about them either!

No comments: