Sunday, 27 July 2008

On a Sightly More Personal and Less Political Note

So, I thought it might be nice when I woke up to a text from Cindy this morning to go shopping in London with her and two of her friends. I'm kind of proud of the gay impression I give people when it comes to dress sense (not that I personally represent any myself)! So, I had some cereal, I had a shower, ironed some clothes and left my crib with merely my sunglasses, phone and wallet. As usual I arrived fashionably late, and finished some of the cold food at the restaurant in Chinatown. I did well in keeping the conversation flowing and remained jovial for quite a while, until I realised just how tedious shopping with three girls can be that is. I've been shopping with a girl, or a girlfriend, but I've never really been out shopping in a group before. I wouldn't mind, but THEY DON'T MAKE UP THEIR MIND!!! I sort of expected them to try stuff on (I already knew girls partake in such deliberations, though why remains a mystery!) But it went way beyond that!
Shop after shop, one of the girls couldn't find a dress she wanted, we must have hit six shops before going to Selfridges, and by the end of the day, she still hadn't found it! And we went to Selfridges! Selfridges I tell you! I also noticed that you can be half way through a deep conversation with a girl who is genuinely interested in what you're saying, and paying attention to your every word, but all it takes is that new Louis Vuitton dress to enter her MSR (Mental Shopping Radar) and you've lost her! So you'll be there, walking down Regent's Street on a sunny summer's day with a girl you're trying to impress, and before you know it, all of your intellectual conversation goes out the window! You'll have just struck up a conversation of the German ideology or something, and she'll reply sensibly, before forgetting everything and everything, other than what's in the shop window: "Capitalist economics is there to explain that profit is untouchable as the reward for waiting for investments to pay off for the capitalists, and as SUNGLASSES!!!" She'll reply, before rudely interrupting herself!
Anyway, now I'll know what expect the next time a group of girl asks me if I want to go shopping with them! It was nice to catch up with Cindy though, I have to admit she was very close, very 'touchy, feely'. I mean I'm not complaining, she's a nice girl, I'm just a tad confused that's all! (I'm easy to confuse when it comes to girls!)

I also watched John Woo's Face Off tonight, and really don't understand why it got such great reviews, John Woo irritates me, he focuses on the smaller details, which is often nice, but not during gunfights or fistfights, not when compared to someone like Michael Mann anyway. I found it amusing that John Travolta had to become Nicholas Cage in order to win over the brother's trust, yet, when Nicholas Cage became John Travolta he just told his brother what had happened and he believed him! So why not just make the whole thing up? John Travolta could have remained John Travolta and told Nicholas Cage's brother, he had had a face transplant (when really he hadn't) and he's now really Nicholas Cage and John Travolta is actually the one in gaol! (Olivia, I know you watched this film recently! I'm sure you'll agree with me!)

Anyway, that's me done for now! Good night Blogger land!

2 comments:

~ said...

So did you manage to impress the girl you were trying to impress? You go boy!

~ said...

How did they manage to NOT buy anything?! I wish I had their super powers! :( I usually have the opposite problem, i.e. I buy too many things. Oh oh oh, and because I'm so great at multi-tasking, I can shop AND be suitable impressed by you at the same time. Just don't expect too much intellectual analysis. For example, you can say Gordon Brown's a twerp or that you have an IQ of 250, and I will probably just agree with you. Haha!