Tuesday, 5 August 2008

Politicians, Christopher Walken and my Underpants

So, I think I can say I've got time on my hands. What to do, what to do? I'll have a lot more time to complain about things on my blog! Like Jacqui Smith, I can't wait to criticise her, and the conservative party, oh yes, I can deliberate over Dave Davis' actions, is there really an ounce of integrity to his political decisions, or as they based, as usual, on ulterior motives? I'll be able to talk about the abundance of teenage Mothers in this country and the effects it is having on the society. I'll be able to express joy since Starbucks have lowered their prices (oh, I was buying a coffee the other day and I picked up one of those top up Starbucks cards and asked the nice lady behind the counter what advantages they entailed... she smiled, ashamedly saying "Nothing, well, you can pay faster!" I don't know about you, but I personally scarcely find myself in a rush when I'm buying a coffee! A train ticket, toilet roll, running shoes, performance enhancing drugs or fake passports, maybe, but not coffee! I don't mind spending an extra twenty seconds paying if it means I can comfortably round off my expense to match the exact figure representing the extra hot, venti latte and cookie I'm acquiring. In fact, unless you use the card for ever and ever and pass it down through the family, you'll never again be able to round off the credit you have on the card... It would be a great TV commercial for Starbucks though wouldn't it? Christopher Walken kneeling down in an airforce uniform next to some kid, saying: "This Starbucks card was your birthright. Your father would be damned if any of the Iraqis were gonna get their greasy hands on his boy's birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years, he kept this Starbucks card up his ass. Then when he died of Starbucks card in ass disease, he gave me the Starbucks card. I hid this uncomfortable piece of plastic up my ass for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the Starbucks card to you." It would really be a YouTube hit, wouldn't it? Of course lining up Christopher Walken might be a tad difficult!) Anyway, where was I? Oh yes! I'll be able to write to a few publishers to see if I can generate any interest in my Undercover, Undercover concept. I'l be able to chase cars in my underpants late at night, throw bananas at people and teach myself to cook! I am going to go back to the gym though, I'm getting fat(ter). I've got to start jogging again, and lifting weights. I'm going to give myself two to three weeks to get back into the rhythm of moving faster than your eyes reading this sentence before I join Windsor Rugby club. I'm going to play less Internet poker and play more live poker too... get out, make some real friends (everybody knows people you play poker with on the Internet aren't real!)

I've decided to ask if I can organise my time so as to take a week off in September to go home for my birthday, I miss my friends, they miss me, well, some of them (Hugo and Susanna anyway)!

I was going to talk about something else too, but I've forgotten what it was! It was going to have its very own picture and everything!

1 comment:

~ said...

What did the cars do to deserve having you chase them in your underpants? Scary thought that! Please don't chase my car in your underpants. I'll be ver scared!