So, my intentions were noble... I spoke to Dan this morning and asked him if he wanted to get together with Gini and a girl (who's name escapes me for diplomatic reasons) to have a coffee, he politely reminded me that coffee shops weren't his thang and that England were playing today. Which is fair enough, but it was still Saturday lunchtime, and I was still buddyless! So I thought I'd go ahead and arrange something with the beautiful gal, and the outgoing, jovial Gini (a bloke). So I text her asking if she wanted to grab a drink, and decided to hold the phone until she got back to me before I involved Gini... She text back promptly suggesting we meet in Central Windsor at 16:00... Now, the speed bump is in the fact that Dan has been trying to bedazzle this chick since he first laid eyes on her about eight months ago, to little success! However, this wasn't a problem because I didn't like this girl like 'that', it was merely a jolly rendezvous over a cappuccino soon to be forgotten, with this in mind I conveniently forgot to text Gini, and made my way to the train station. I made it as far as Daniel's of Windsor (department store) before I bumped into the nameless chick, who was wandering around as she'd arrived early. What a coincidence we should just wonder into the same store at the same time! So, off we went to grab a coffee, and although I didn't like her like 'that', she is slightly stunning and I really didn't want run out of stuff to talk about or spoonerise my sentences. We sat down at 15:40ish, and didn't realise what time it was until the cafe began to close at 19:00... We didn't run out of stuff to say, and got on really well... She's not the funniest person I know, but she's smart and takes a logical approach to life. She comes from a small, rural town in Southern Europe, and thus can associate to my upbringing in similar circumstances. We shared a lot of the same points of views and opinions, and talked about religion, before discussing at what point does the supernatural become scientific, and how that can be compared to what is currently perceived as supernatural versus the conditioning which leads us to perceive the unknown the way we do. Slightly childish, maybe, but fun for an idle Saturday afternoon! So, the question is, I guess... do I like her like 'that'?
The short answer is no. Although I enjoyed hanging out, and am looking forward to playing squash with her, I can't say I know enough about her to conclude whether or not I feel any differently than I do with any of my guy friends.
Saturday, 11 October 2008
Sorry Fellas'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment