Lar di daaa! I have to go back to work tomorrow! That sucks, for a whole three days too... Can you believe that? I can't even imagine having to work a full week anymore! I remember Olivia saying that (while I was working like a dog!) and I thought "Eh, you'll just slip right back into it" but now, I really feel as though it would have to be something really great to make we want to go back! Like abseiling into chocolate mousse to rescue all the women from the Baywatch cast! And even then... Anyway, what I really want to talk about are the Olympics!
Quoting a conversation with Michaela on msn:
"Dick Tracy says:
There are so many events, in my opinion, that devalues them! The 100m, the 200m, the 800m, the 326m, the 492m while juggling 4 tea bags, the 492m while juggling 6 tea bags, the javelin throw, the heavy-ball-thing-throw, the small roadkill throw"
Among all of Britain's victories and gold medals in Beijing, amidst all the pride on Britain's streets and the glory celebrated in every city, I must be the only Brit who really couldn't care less! I am one of the grumpy old men who is against London hosting the Olympics in four years time, there is enough for the government to invest in that actually matters, such as policing; police in Britain are paid less than tube drivers. I commend every man and woman on the police force, not only for accepting such a low wage, but tolerating the tedious administrative policies and the abuse they have to put up with from wankers they can't arrest owing to Britain's overcrowded gaols and relaxed judicial system. I popped into TVU earlier so as to enquire as to their law courses, and ended up completing an application form, there was a section which asked why I wanted to take the course, and I had to (what's the literary equivalent of biting your tongue?) stop myself from writing that I wanted to study law with an eye to going into politics... (I didn't want to put that because I feared it would threaten inconsistency in my application). The government could invest that money in crime prevention, in the employment and housing structure, creating a culture where by which people weren't rewarded for having more children, where food tokens are used like they are in the USA. They could invest the money in the school system, or prisons! (I could make prisons more effective on two thirds of the current budget, firstly I'd remove all the ping pong tables, foosball tables, PS3s, widescreen TVs and perks which prisoners have become accustomed to, and instead create a more academic environment whereby which prisoners who achieve academic goals are rewarded with a shorter sentence.
Anyway, I wrote this blog in three parts, post-dinner, pre-cinema and post cinema, and now I'm tired! Night night blogland!
Tuesday, 19 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment